View the USNH position posting for more information, or to apply.
Under the general direction of the Library Senior Manager, this position is responsible for Multimedia services and Reserves operations. The incumbent will exercise independent judgment to improve workflow and operations, unify services and make autonomous decisions regarding policies and procedures. This is a full time, one year position.
The incumbent is a contributing member of the Circulation Department management team with supervisory responsibility for two staff and also shares responsibility for the department in the absence of other managers.
Weekend and evening work may be required as needed.
- Responsible for the operational oversight of several UNH Library services including set up and use of streaming media services, ensuring that patron requests are communicated to those responsible for purchasing materials, researching and determining copyright implications for new service offerings and explaining copyright polices.
- Directly responsible for the supervision and performance management of two daytime/weekend Operating Staff including scheduling, workflow, setting expectations, establishing work priorities and sharing consistent and regular feedback.
- Train full and part-time staff and student assistants in usage of desk tracking software and use of specialized equipment/software, ensuring as much consistency as possible. Provide regular training updates to student assistants.
- Perform regular public service activities, including, but not limited to circulation of materials, directing patrons to various collections and departments, assist patrons with the use of the public catalog and navigation of the library website and online resources, provide basic reference assistance and information services, register patrons for borrowing privileges, responds to and resolve patron issues or complaints.
- Responsible for implementation and assessment of new workflows. Analyze usage data and statistics to provide recommendations to improve, unify, or streamline services in Reserves and Multimedia and review and analyze statistical data compiled from desk tracking software. Develop and maintain documentation of daily management and statistics gathering. Work with Circulation management team to make informed recommendations to policy changes based on results.
- Communicate exceptions, changes, and special situations to Circulation staff, Branch Libraries, and others as needed.