If you have additional questions about access, please Ask a Librarian.
Getting Library Materials
- Library staff are available at all locations to assist with accessing books and other materials
- Proxy Borrowing is available to patrons with disabilities. This service allows you to designate another person as your "proxy" who could then check out materials on your behalf.
Returning Library Materials
- There is a drive-thru return box in the Thompson Hall parking lot
- Check our Borrow & Renew page for more return locations
- Accessible lockers in Dimond Library
- Height adjustable tables at Chemistry and EMCS and on levels 1, 2, 4, and 5 of Dimond Library
- Accessible bathroom stalls on each floor of Dimond Library and gender inclusive bathrooms on level 3 of Dimond Library
- Designated quiet study spaces are available in all library buildings
- Two scanners capable of creating searching PDFs are located on level 3 of Dimond Library
- Text to voice (MP3) option available on public scanners in Dimond Library
- A CCTV (video magnifier) is available on level 3 of Dimond Library
- Assistive technology arrangements are available through Student Accessibility Services
Software on Cluster Machines
- Read & Write Gold (for Windows)
- Software support is provided by the UNH Technology Help Desk on level 3 of Dimond Library
- For a more detailed list see: UNH available cluster software
Streaming Video Captioning, Subtitles & Transcripts
- Kanopy Streaming provides closed captioning or interactive transcripts for many of its titles. If there are titles provided through Kanopy which do not have closed captioning, you can request them.