The UNH Library Geospatial Services Center (GSC) is staffed by geographic information system (GIS) graduate interns, providing basic-level assistance with geospatial technology and help in finding data sources for analysis using GIS software. The GSC computer lab is open for GIS use during Dimond Library hours.
The GSC lab is housed in Room 337, on Level 3 (Main Floor) of Dimond Library, near but not part of the Academic Technology Service Center (ATSC) desk.
Hours & Help
The Geospatial Services Center lab hours are the same as the Dimond Library Hours.
You can also Ask a Librarian for more information or help searching our collections.
There are seven high performance computer workstations in the GSC. All require an UNH AD login.
- ESRI ArcGIS software and extensions (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Online). Access is limited to the UNH community.
- Google Geo Tools including: Google Earth, Google Maps, Google Fusion Tables, Google Earth Engine, Google Tour Builder, and Google Maps APIs
- QGIS (Opensource)
- ERDAS Image. Access is limited to the UNH community.
- Multispec digital imaging software
Using the GSC
- UNH students, faculty, and staff are our primary patrons.
- Group consultations are allowed and encouraged if not disruptive to others.
- Limited assistance provided to those with personal laptops.
- For individual work, use cluster computers to access ESRI software or Google Earth.
Examples of services include:
- Helping locate geospatial datasets, including GIS datasets from GRANIT, New Hampshire's Statewide Geographic Information System Clearinghouse.
- Integrating data into an existing GIS project
- Helping to manage files
- Advising on questions related to basic GIS and other geospatial software functionality
- Referring elsewhere for more in-depth assistance
More information about the library’s maps and geospatial data and services.