- Paper maps and atlases
- Tangible air photos
- Digital maps and geospatial data sources on CD-ROM and DVD
- Links to both commercial and freely available maps and data
- Historical digital maps and atlases
Many, but not all, of the above resources can be found through the UNH library catalog or these specialized databases.
Where Are Maps & Air Photos Located?
The Class of 1943 Map Room
- Located on Level 3 (Main Floor) of Dimond Library
- Map Room maps only circulate to UNH faculty and staff; air photos do not circulate
- Most map collections may be browsed; use of air photos requires assistance
Other Map & Geospatial Data Locations
- Circulating maps and atlases are in the regular stacks and the government documents collection
- Non-circulating atlases are in the Dimond Library reference collection, near the Map Room
- CD-ROMs and DVDs may be requested at the Research Center Desk; most of these circulate
- ArcGIS is available for use by UNH students, faculty, and staff on cluster computers
- Additional software is available on Geospatial Services Center computers
Map Reference Services
Ask a Librarian if you would like help searching for maps or geospatial data.
Geospatial Reference Services
- Assistance is available at the Geospatial Services Center
- Assistance with geospatial software can include helping patrons find specific data layers and evaluate them for suitability for specific uses
- Work with patrons by appointment with ArcGIS, ArcView, Google Earth and some other geospatial products; ArcGIS and ArcView are only available for non-commercial use
- Faculty may make arrangements for classes to meet in the Map Room for specific assignments.
- Faculty may make specific materials available for student use in the Map Room outside of class.
- You may recommend purchase for items not already in our collection.
- The ESRC Poster Printing Service in Morse Hall is available to the UNH community and the public for fee-based printing of larger-sized maps.