If you're having trouble accessing e-books, online journals, databases, or streaming media from off-campus, please report it through our form:
Connecting from Off-campus
Current UNH students, faculty, and staff may access most library resources, including databases, from off-campus through the library website. For access to library resources through other sites, like Google Scholar, you can use the USNH VPN.
- Navigate to the resource you want through the library search box or library databases
- When prompted, login with your USNH username and password
- Once verified, you will be forwarded to your resource
Off-campus Access from the USNH VPN
The USNH VPN is provided through GlobalProtect. Instructions for installing and configuring the VPN can be found through the USNH Knowledge Base: GlobalProtect VPN
- Connect to the USNH VPN through GlobalProtect
- Select the UNH Durham gateway: UNH-GW
- Click the star icon in GlobalProtect to set UNH-GW as your preferred gateway
- Search for resources as usual
Note: in September 2023, the USNH VPN switched from PulseSecure to GlobalProtect. PulseSecure is no longer supported.
Your Library Account
Logging into your library account allows you to access library resources, save items in your favorites, and view or renew items you have checked out from the library. For help with your account, please contact us.
Log in now with your USNH username and password:
Note: if you recently graduated or retired, your login may still be your USNH username and password.
USNH IT Systems Status
You can check the status of many major campus IT services (such as Canvas, campus wifi, etc.) on the USNH Systems Status page. There is also a log of recent incidents and upcoming maintenance.
Using our Proxy Service
The library has a proxy service, which is what allows you to access the Library's electronic resources from off-campus. For browser extensions like Zotero, you can update the proxy in the advanced settings. Proxy URL: