If you're having trouble accessing an e-book, online journal, database, or streaming media from off-campus, please report it through our form:
Connecting from Off-campus
Current UNH students, faculty, and staff may access most library resources, including databases, from off-campus:
- Navigate to the resource you want on the Library web site.
- You will be prompted for your UNH IT ID username and password.
- Once verified, you will be forwarded on to your resource.
Once you have logged in, you can access databases and other electronic resources available through the library web site.
Using the UNH VPN
It is not necessary to use the UNH Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access library resources from off-campus. However, if you do use the VPN, it requires configuration to access library resources. First, install it on your computer:
- Read the Pulse Secure installation instructions.
- Note the instructions for download/installation and also a link to Optional Configurations. (You will need one of the optional configurations later in this process.)
- Follow the instructions to download and install the correct version for your computer.
- If you have installation issues, you can get help from the UNH IT Support Desk.
When Junos Pulse Secure is successfully installed, add the optional configuration:
- Open Pulse Secure. (On Windows, click on the icon in the system tray, then click on Open Pulse Secure)
- Click on the + sign in the Connections section of the window to add a connection.
- Enter a name for the configuration (e.g. All Traffic) in the Name box.
- Copy and paste this URL into the Server URL box: https://enterprise.vpn.unh.edu/login/all_traffic
- Click the Add button.
- Back in the VPN window, click on the Connect button for the "All Traffic" connection.
If you wish to use library resources while connected to the VPN, start Pulse Secure and use the "All Traffic" connection (or the name you used in Step 3, above.)
- If you’ve recently graduated or retired, your UNH single sign on credentials may still be your User ID and Password.
- If you have not logged into your account since our system upgrade in July 2019, you can contact us for help.
- If you’re currently employed or enrolled at UNH, please use the UNH Login option and log in with your UNH credentials.
Still having trouble? Please contact the Main Desk at your home institution’s library:
- Dimond Library Information Desk, Durham: (603) 862-3125 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- UNH Manchester Library, Manchester: (603) 641-4173 or email@example.com
- UNH Law Library, Concord: (603) 513-5130
USNH IT Systems Status
You can check the status of many major campus IT services (such as Box, Canvas, campus wifi, etc.) on the USNH Systems Status page. There is also a log of recent incidents and upcoming maintenance.
Using our Proxy Service
The library has a proxy service, which is what allows you to access the Library's electronic resources from off campus. For browser extensions like Zotero, you can update the proxy in the advanced settings. Proxy URL:
To get help accessing library resources, email us or use our form.