UNH students, faculty, and staff can request PDF copies of articles and book chapters that the UNH Library owns in print or on microform. Requested documents will generally be available within two business days.
How do I make a request?
Log in to your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) account and then complete the request form for either Journal Article/Photocopy or Book Chapter. If you have never used ILL, you will need to complete a quick first-time user registration.
What can be requested?
- Journal articles (one per issue)
- Book chapters (one per book)
- Articles from microform sources
Requests from our library storage building may take longer to fill.
How will I know when my article or chapter is ready?
You will be notified by email when your material is available. You will need to log in to your ILL account and click the "Electronically Received Articles" link under View. PDFs will remain accessible to you for 30 days from the date of posting.
Copyright and other limits
- We reserve the right to limit the number of requests per user to four articles or chapters per day, depending on staffing.
- This service is for individual use only, for the purpose of private study, scholarship, or research.
- Please contact Milne Special Collections and Archives staff directly to request scans of their materials.
- We follow copyright guidelines from the USNH policy manual and will cancel any request that is believed to be in violation of copyright.