Collection number: UA 3/1/9
Size: 1 box (0.33 cu.ft.)
About Faculty Club
The Faculty Club was established in 1920. It continued in operation for 38 years until 1958 when the club building was torn down. A small group of faculty continued to promote the idea of a Faculty Club throughout the 1960s by sponsoring periodic activities, but the lack of a building in which to hold their functions inhibited greater support. In 1978, the Faculty Center was established in Grant House; and in 1993 the University club was established in Hood House. Neither club attracted enough support to meet operating expenses.
About the Faculty Club Records
This series contains correspondence concerning the faculty club membership and activities.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], [Folder], [Box], Faculty Club Records, 1923-1995, UA 3/1/9, Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
These records were transferred to the University Library for storage prior to the establishment of the University Archives in 1992.
|Box 1, Folder 1||1923-1958||Faculty Club|
|Box 1, Folder 2||1959-1967||Faculty Club|
|Box 1, Folder 3||1978||Faculty Center|
|Box 1, Folder 4||1995||University Club|