Collection number: UA 22/5
Size: (1 item) (.10 cu.ft.)
About Lewis Fields
The recreational area known as Lewis Fields at the University of New Hampshire was begun in December of 1933 and finished in September of 1936. It was named for President Edward M. Lewis. The facility was built using funds from the various federal relief agencies set up to help alleviate unemployment during the Great Depression of the 1930's.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
History of Lewis Fields, 1936, UA 22/5, Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
These records were transferred to the University Library for storage prior to the establishment of the University Archives in 1992.