Collection number: UA 7/2/22
Size: 1 boxes (0.33 cu.ft.)
About Theta Chi Fraternity
The Delta Xi local fraternity was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1903. It became the Zeta chapter of Theta Chi national fraternity in 1910. The College became the University of New Hampshire in 1923.
Formerly the Zeta Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity, this group lost permanent recognition from the University of New Hampshire for various policy violations in the early 1990s. The group also lost recognition from Theta Chi in 1993. In 1994, the group was charged with prostitution and the sale of alcohol during a recruitment event. The group was convicted for these offenses by the New Hampshire court system, and this conviction was upheld by the Supreme Court of New Hampshire.
About the Theta Chi Fraternity Files
This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Theta Chi fraternity at the University of New Hampshire.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], Theta Chi Fraternity Files, 1975-1992, UA 7/2/22, Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
Transferred by William Kidder, Dean of Students, 3/22/1993. Additions in 1994, 1995, 1998.
|Box 1, Folder 1||History|
|Box 1, Folder 2||1907-1932||National Newsletter|
|Box 1, Folder 3||1951||"The Theta Dagger"|
|Box 1, Folder 4||1950-84||Executive Office correspondence|
|Box 1, Folder 5||1971-86||General|
|Box 1, Folder 6||1969-86||Fire code surveys|
|Box 1, Folder 7||1972||Investigation reports|
|Box 1, Folder 8||1986-88||Rush|
|Box 1, Folder 9||1992||Sanctions|