Fraternities & Sororities

  • The Moran Era Photograph Collection is a compilation of images from various sources which spans the 26 years for which Clement Moran was University of New Hampshire Photographer. This collection visually tells the story of early campus life during the…
  • University Archives
    "The Mission of Finance and Administration is to provide expert support to the President and to develop, implement, and continuously improve upon the best practices and highest quaility services for students, faculty, and staff that enable and enhance…
  • University Archives
    The Society of the Sigma Xi was founded in 1886 as an honors society for researchers in the scientific and engineering fields. The UNH Chapter was founded in ca. 1955 and was active until 1992 when it was ended for lack of membership. This collection consists of correspondence, minutes, membership…
  • University Archives
    The University of New Hampshire was founded in 1866 in Hanover, N.H. as the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and Mechanical Arts; it moved to Durham N.H. in 1893 and became a university in 1923. This collection is made up of small donations of all…
  • University Archives
    The Beta of New Hampshire chapter of Phi Beta Kappa was installed on December 16, 1952. Members include UNH, UNH Manchester and the UNH School of Law faculty, staff, and administrators as well as students elected during their junior or senior year.…
  • University Archives
    Roy Deneale Hunter was appointed to the Board of Trustees of the University of New Hampshire in 1916. He then became president of the Board in 1931 until his death in 1944. Hunter also acted as Chief Executive Officer of UNH twice, following the death of President Lewis in 1937 and President…
  • University Archives
    This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Phi Kappa Sigma fraternity at the University of New Hampshire
  • University Archives
    Acacia Fraternity began at the University of New Hampshire as the Ritrian Club in 1949. The Club was established as the New Hampshire chapter of Acacia Fraternity in the same year. The Fraternity was permanatly suspended in 1996. This series contains…
  • University Archives
    This scrapbook was created by Philip Sawyer, Class of 1923. He was a two year Agricultural student from Madbury, N.H.. While at UNH he was a member of the Alpha Tau Alpha fraternity; the Poultry Committee; the Agricultural Club; the Rifle Team; and the Interfraternity Society called the Casque and…
  • University Archives
    Dr. Fred Engelhardt was chosen as president of UNH on December 1, 1936, assuming office the following April. He served as president until his death on February 3, 1944. The Fred Engelhardt Papers include topics such as library alterations, the WPA, the National Defence, and the military department.
  • University Archives
    The Nu Sigma Mu local fraternity was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1922. They were installed as the Epsilon chapter of Theta Kappa Phi national fraternity in 1924. In 1959, Theta Kappa Phi united with…
  • University Archives
    This series contains the Records of the Mu Chapter of Alpha Chi Sigma (an honorary Chemistry Fraternity) and document meetings held from December 5, 1921 through May 3, 1934. These minutes are housed in two separate "Recorder's Notebooks," accompanied…
  • University Archives
    This scrapbook was created by Arthur Grant Davis from Peterborough, NH, Class of 1912. He received a B.S. in Agriculture and was very active in campus activities. He was a member of Gamma Theta, Alpha Zeta and the Rifle Team. He served as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Agricultural Club and was the…
  • University Archives
    Herbert J. Moss worked in the President's Office as Secretary of the University from 1950-1952. Afterwards, he served as Dean of the Graduate School until 1954. This collection contains his files while employed in the President's Office at the…
  • University Archives
    The Gamma Gamma Gamma local fraternity was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1921. They became the Gamma-Mu chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha national fraternity in 1929. The College became the University of New…
  • University Archives
    The local sorority known as Pi Delta at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts began in 1916. This local then petitioned and was established as the Beta Gamma chapter of the national Phi Mu Sorority in 1919. The College became…
  • University Archives
    Conrad F. Peterson graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 1932. While at school he was a member of the Theta Chi fraternity and editor of the 1932 Granite Yearbook his junior year. This scrapbook was created by Conrad F. Peterson and contains mostly photographs. Many of the photos were…
  • University Archives
    Edward D. Eddy served the University of New Hampshire from 1949 to 1960, mostly in various administrative duties. These included terms as Administrative Officer, Vice President, and Provost. This collection contains his university files during the period of his employment.
  • University Archives
    The Zeta Epsilon Zeta local fraternity was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1894. It became the New Hampshire Beta chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon national fraternity in 1917. The College became the…
  • University Archives
    The Delta Beta chapter of Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity was installed at the University of New Hampshire in 1970. The fraternity became inactive just 4 years later in 1974. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the…
  • University Archives
    The Dean of Student Affairs position was reclassified in July of 1991 and made the Vice President for Student Affairs. This series contains the files of Student Affairs office under both the Dean of Student Affairs and the Vice President for Student…
  • University Archives
    This series consists of annual reports which were given to the president by all departments and offices on campus, 1925-1959 and 1970-1973.
  • University Archives
    Sigma Beta local fraternity was founded in 1921 at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts. This fraternity was one of the charter members of Theta Upsilon Omega national fraternity in 1924. After twelve years, in 1936, as part…
  • University Archives
    The Omega chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity was installed at the University of New Hampshire in 1924. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity at the…
  • University Archives
    The Student Organizations Committee is a standing committee of the UNH Administration reporting to the Vice President of Student Affairs. This series contains the files of the Student Organizations Committee.
  • University Archives
    The Office of the Registrar is concerned with the registration, enrollment, and academic record keeping for the students at the University of New Hampshire. This collection is comprised of many of the Office's papers between 1901 and 1980.
  • University Archives
    Delta Kappa local sorority was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1919. The sorority then became a charter member of Kappa Delta national as the Alpha Sigma chapter in 1929. This series contains files from…
  • University Archives
    Alpha Sigma Phi was recognized on the UNH campus in December 2008. Currently and the fraternity is in the process of expansion. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Alpha Sigma Phi…
  • University Archives
    Beta Phi Fraternity was founded in 1906 and later became a chapter of Lambda Chi Alpha. Collection includes the Beta Phi Fraternity minute book for years 1907-1909.
  • University Archives
    The University of New Hamsphire Library records date back to the first catalog of books belonging to the New Hampshire state college. This collection chronicles the Library's growth through correspondence, records, minutes of meetings, acquisitions,…
  • University Archives
    Alpha Tau Alpha, a fraternity for men in the two year program, was formed in 1906 at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts (later known as the University of New Hampshire). The fraternity disbanded in 1932. This series…
  • University Archives
    The Gamma Theta local fraternity began at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1907. This local fraternity was established as the Delta Delta chapter of the Alpha Tau Omega national fraternity in 1917. This series contains…
  • University Archives
    The Alpha Zeta fraternity, composed exclusively of agricultural students, was founded in 1897 at Ohio State University. The Granite Chapter of the fraternity was founded at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1903. The history of the fraternity was introduced and…
  • University Archives
    In 1963, the University System of New Hampshire (USNH) was created when the state colleges at Plymouth and Keene were brought under the same Board of Trustees as the University of New Hampshire in Durham. This series contains contracts and agreements…
  • University Archives
    Wilfred Osgood, Class of 1914, was an active alumni and member of the UNH community. This series contains the files of Wilfred A. Osgood, concerning his position as Alumni Treasurer for Lambda Chi Alpha and chairman of the 40th reunion of the class of 1914.
  • University Archives
    The New Hampshire Gamma chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon was installed at the University of New Hampshire in 1984. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity at…
  • University Archives
    The New Hampshire chapter of Delta Chi fraternity was installed at the University of New Hampshire in 1986. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining to the history and activities of the Delta Chi fraternity at the…
  • University Archives
    The sorority Chi Omega was first founded in 1895. The Blue Key, a senior men's honor society, sponsored an annual stunt night. The dormitories, fraternities and sororities competed for prizes by performing humorous skits. This is the script for the skit "Little Red Riding Hood" performed by the Chi…
  • University Archives
    Alumni of the Marine Zoology Laboratory on Appledore Island from 1928 to 1941 are known as the Barnacles. This series contains information and memorabilia from the Marine Zoological Laboratory donated by members of the Barnacles.
  • University Archives
    The Publications Office produces pamphlets, brochures, maps, posters, and invitations for the University. This series contains a collection of their products.
  • University Archives
    Delta Sigma Chi local fraternity was founded at the University of New Hampshire in 1929. It was installed as the Alpha Nu chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon national fraternity in 1932. This series contains files from the Greek Advisor's Office pertaining…
  • University Archives
    This series contains general information about the Greek System at the University of New Hampshire. Historical information relating to Greek life, judicial issues, and philanthropic events are included as well as a few photos of Greek houses and…
  • University Archives
    In 1928 a Marine Zoological Laboratory was established under the leadership of UNH Professor C. Floyd Jackson on Appledore Island, one of the Isles of Shoals off Portsmouth. Students flocked to the island each summer to engage in field research until…
  • University Archives
    Epsilon Sigma Phi, founded on January 10-11, 1927 in Bozeman, Montana, is an honorary fraternity dedicated to fostering standards of excellence in the Extension System and to developing the Extension profession and the professional. The Nu Chapter of Epsilon Sigma Phi, founded on December 7, 1927…
  • University Archives
    The Christian Fraternity was formed in 1881 at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in Hanover, NH. in 1893, when the College moved to Durham, the Fraternity dissolved and formed the New Hampshire College Young Men's Christian Association. This series contains three ledger…
  • University Archives
    The Delta Xi local fraternity was established at the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts in 1903. It became the Zeta chapter of Theta Chi national fraternity in 1910. This group lost permanent recognition from the University of…
  • University Archives
    Helen F. Tilton from Auburn, NH graduated from the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts with a degree in Arts and Sciences in 1917. She was a member of Pi Gamma, the Honorary Zoological Fraternity also of Alpha Alpha Alpha a Women's Society and the Chi Omega Sorority. She was…
  • University Archives
    Arthur Stanton Adams was born on July 1, 1896 in Winchester, Massachusetts. He received degrees from Norwich University, The University of California and the Colorado School of Mines. He served as president of UNH from June of 1948 through 1950. The Papers of Arthur Stanton Adams cover the years…
  • University Archives
    The New Hampshire Outing Club is the oldest and largest club on campus and is run entirely by UNH students. Since its beginnings in 1911, the NHOC has been providing outdoor experiences, education, and activities to the UNH community. This series contains records of the New Hampshire Outing Club…
  • University Archives
    The Tau Gamma Phi local fraternity was established at the University of New Hampshire in 1923. It became the Omicron chapter of Phi Alpha national fraternity in 1924. The fraternity became inactive around 1959. This series contains files from the…