Collection number: MC 328
Size: (1 box) (0.33 cu.ft.)
About the Wilson family
The three generations of Wilson family members came from various towns in western Maine and settled in Berlin, Coos County, N.H. Mentioned in the deeds are the following family members:
- Wilson, Mary Elizabeth Shaw, 18 December 1814 Gorham ME-4 October 1872 Berlin N.H. [Widow of William A. Wilson (1810-1868), daughter of Enoch Shaw (1779-1868) and Bethiah Freeman (1785-1878)]
- [Son of William & Mary] Wilson, James B., 1840-? Maine, living in Berlin by 1870, occupation engineer
- [Son of William & Mary] Wilson, George Shaw, 1846 Maine- ? worked in saw mill
- [Daughter of William & Mary] Wilson, Julia, 6 January 1849 Greenville – 19 February 1922 Portland ME
- [Son of William & Mary, husband of Ina] Wilson, William Melville 28 March 1844 Greenville ME-28 May 1891, Berlin NH
- [Wife of William M.] Wilson, Inez Estelle “Ina” Crockett, 16 September 1853 Norway M.E.-5 January 1933, Berlin, N.H. Daughter of David Bartlett Crockett (1825-1863) and Laura A. Swift (1833-1868).
- [Daughter of William & Ina] Wilson, Hallie Elizabeth, 23 April 1873 Berlin-2 December 1937 Berlin
- [Son of William & Ina] Wilson, Channing Weston, 28 December 1874 Coos County – 21 October 1940, Berlin, N.H.
About the Wilson Family Land Deeds, 1836-1919
This collection consists of approximately 20 deeds and descriptions of land sold from, to, and within the Wilson family. Most are dated to the 1850s and 1860s. There is also one patent transfer deed dated 1835.
This collection is open.
Contents of this collection are governed by U.S. copyright law. For questions about publication or reproduction rights, contact Special Collections staff.
[Identification of item], [Folder Number], Box 1, Wilson Family Land Deeds, 1836-1919, MC 328, Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
Gift of Linda Bornstein, ca. 2017
MS 289 Beecher and Newell Brotherhood Contract was separated into its own manuscript collection
Alphabetically by town seller lived, then chronologically by year.
|Folder 1||Berlin, Coos County, N.H., 1868-1919
Abstract of title (dated 1919) to real estate in Berlin, N.H. owned by the Wilson family of Berlin, 4 April 1868-December 19, 1814. There are 27 transfers, including the following Wilson family members: James B. Wilson, William M. Wilson, Mary E. Wilson, Ina E. Wilson, Julia Wilson, George S. Wilson, Hallie Elizabeth Wilson, and Channing W. Wilson.
|Folder 2||Berlin, Coos County, NH: 1851-1872
The following land deeds and descriptions of properties:
|Folder 3||Exeter, Rockingham County, N.H., 1870
1870, November 3: John Bellows (Exeter, N.H.) to William M. Wilson (Berlin, N.H.) for a tract of land located in Berlin.
|Folder 4||Northumberland, Coos County, N.H., 1870
1870, June 16: Charles Bellows (Northumberland, N.H.) to Mary E. Wilson (Berlin, N.H.) for a tract of land located in Berlin.
|Folder 5||Stark, Coos County, N.H., 1867
1867, January 8: Benjamin Thompson (Stark, N.H.) to James B. Wilson and William M. Wilson (Berlin, N.H.) for a tract of land located in Berlin.
|Folder 6||Bethel, Oxford County, M.E., 1865
1865, May 11: Moses I. Cross (Bethel, M.E.) to James Wilson (Berlin, N.H.) for a tract of land in Berlin.
|Folder 7||Waterville, Kennebec County, M.E.
1853, November 17: Thomas G. Gower (Greenville, South Carolina) to Dexter Wheeler (Berlin, N.H.) and W.A. Wilson (Berlin, N.H.)
|Folder 8||Westbrook, Cumberland County, M.E.: Patent transfer, 1836
1835: William I. Horn of Westbrook transferring patent for a threshing machine patented Nov. 5 1834 to Joshua Bean of Cape Elizabeth, M.E.
|Folder 9||Miscellaneous Papers, Undated
Non-land related papers, include a handwritten story and bank investments.