Collection number: UA 1/1/4
Size: 1 box (0.20 cu.ft.)
About University of New Hampshire
The University of New Hampshire was founded in 1866 by the state legislature as the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts. First situated in Hanover in connection with Dartmouth College, the NHCAMA was removed to its Durham campus in 1893 after Benjamin Thompson, a prosperous farmer, bequeathed land and money to the state for educational use. In 1923, the state legislature granted it a new charter as the University of New Hampshire.
About the Permits
This series contains various types of permits granted to the University. Included are disinterment permits, alcohol permits and road construction permits.
This collection is open.
Copyright is retained by the University of New Hampshire.
[Identification of item], [Folder], [Box], Permits, 1919-1956, UA 1/1/4, Milne Special Collections and Archives, University of New Hampshire Library, Durham, NH, USA.
These records were transfered to the University Library for storage prior to the establishment of the University Archives in 1992.
Arranged by type of permit.
|Box 1, Folder 1||1919||Burial places on New Hampshire College Farm|
|Box 1, Folder 2||1928||Removal permit for Thompson bodies from Old Durham Cemetery to New Durham Cemetery|
|Box 1, Folder 3||1943||Application for disinterment of Chesley, Sally R.; Chesley, Lt. James; Chesley, Abigail Flanders|
|Box 1, Folder 4||undated||Permit for pole lines in highway of Durham|
|Box 1, Folder 5||1921||Permit to open road surface to lay water pipe near library|
|Box 1, Folder 6||1922-1956||Alcohol permits (R.C. Magrath)|
|Box 1, Folder 7||1929||Special Use permit - Forestry Camp from USDA, Forestry Service|
|Box 1, Folder 8||1938||Agreement to erect sign on Ninde Property on Dover Rd. for a period of ten years|
|Box 1, Folder 9||1947-1948||Import permits regarding Quarantine No. 37|
|Box 1, Folder 10||1948||Recording Rights permits - "Come and Trip It" and "Russian Sailor's Dance"|