College of Engineering & Physical Sciences (CEPS)

  • University Archives
    From 1917 to 1944, UNH offered a degree in architecture through the College of Technology. This collection includes photographs of the course work submitted for the Architectural Design classes.
  • University Archives
    Ernest Wilber Smith was born in Londonderry, NH on July 10, 1910. After graduating from Manchester Central High School, he enrolled in the College of Technology at the University of New Hampshire. While in college, he was a member of the Alpha Kappa…
  • University Archives
    Prior to 2007, the Ph.D. students in the Physics department were required to pass the written Ph.D. qualifying exams in order to reach candidacy status. This collection contains examples of the physics qualifying exams.
  • University Archives
    [bioghist abstract] One scrapbook of newspaper clippings created by the staff at the UNH College of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
  • University Archives
    Files cards containing biographical and employment history of former CEPS faculty.
  • University Archives
    The New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts was established in 1866. In 1911, a major reorganization of the entire institution took place. Three divisions were established: the Agricultural Division, the Engineering Division and the…
  • University Archives
    The Office of Academic Affairs spearhead the university's progress in academic programming, faculty development, and student academic affairs. These files contain support materials for the 1983 University Accreditation process, minutes and reports…
  • University Archives
    Dr. Cecil J. Schneer worked at the University of New Hampshire from 1954 to 1988 as a professor in the Department of Earth Science. This series contains the files of Dr. Cecil J. Schneer.
  • University Archives
    Arthur F. Nesbit recieved his A.B. degree from Lafayette College in 1892; B.S. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1895 and A.M., Lafayette College in 1895. He served as head of the combined Departments of Physics and Electrical Engineering at New Hampshire College from 1895 to 1908. When…
  • University Archives
    This series contains the newsletter of the University of New Hampshire Sea Grant Marine Advisory Program. The publication has been called: The Marine Program Newsletter; Windward; and Seafare.
  • University Archives
    The Department of Chemistry originated in 1868, when the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts opened its doors in Hanover, NH. Ezekiel Dimond was the college's first faculty member, as well as the department's only full time professor in the early years. In 1893, Fred Morse…
  • University Archives
    The Isles of Shoals Marine Laboratory is a cooperative venture between the University of New Hampshire and Cornell University. The State University of New York was a member until 1976. The laboratory is located on Appledore Island in the Isles of Shoals off the coast of Maine and New Hampshire. The…
  • University Archives
    The Department of Chemistry originated in 1868, when the New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts opened its doors in Hanover, NH. Ezekiel Dimond was the college's first faculty member, as well as the department's only full time professor in the early years. In 1893, Fred Morse…
  • University Archives
    This collection contains files which were maintained by the Office of the President. They cover a wide range of topics which were addressed by the Office of the President, 1941-1980. Numerous files span more than one academic year and more than one…
  • University Archives
    Charles E. Hewitt was an alumni of the University of New Hampshire, a professor of electrical engineering at the University starting in 1893, and later, Dean of Engineering during the World War I period. This folder contains correspondence between Charles E. Hewitt, Dean of Engineering, and the…
  • University Archives
    Gordon A. Haaland joined the UNH faculty as instructor of psychology in 1965 and later served as chair of the psychology department. He was serving as vice president for academic affairs before he became interim president and then president of the University in 1984. Gordon Haaland resigned to…
  • University Archives
    In 1915 the Electrical Engineering Department offered a correspondence course in the use of measuring instruments. This folder contains booklets titled "Measuring Instruments and Integrating Wattmeters".
  • University Archives
    On August 1, 1990, Dale Nitzschke (pronounced Nit-ski) became president of the University of New Hampshire. A native of Iowa, Nitzschke earned his bachelor's degree with honors from Loras College in Dubuque, Iowa, and his M.Ed. and Ph.D. degress in guidance and counseling from Ohio University. From…
  • University Archives
    Edwin P. Dewey was a member of the Class of 1882. He was the first president of the University's Christian fraternity in 1881 and a vice president of the Alumni association in 1885. This series contains an article by Edwin P. Dewey, Class of 1882, which he presented to the UNH Library in 1934. It…
  • University Archives
    This series consists of annual reports which were given to the president by all departments and offices on campus, 1925-1959 and 1970-1973.
  • University Archives
    This series contains one volume of brief technology reports from the College of Engineering and Physical Sciences that were broadcast over the radio.
  • University Archives
    The Faculty Senate was the successor of the Academic Senate. Composed of elected representatives from the major departments of the University, the Senate assesses, clarifies, and develops the university's academic policies. The collection holds the agendas and minutes of the Senate since 1996.
  • University Archives
    Edward Howard Stolworthy was a member of the UNH faculty for 46 years as a Professor of Mechanical Engineering. He taught Thermodynamics and Internal Combustion Engines as well as contributing to textbooks. His knowledge of the subject would have contributed to the construction of the university…
  • University Archives
    The President's Cabinet was created in 1990 by President Dale F. Nitzschke and consists of the Directors of the major segments of the University. This series contains the agendas with attachments of the Cabinet meetings.
  • University Archives
    The Engineering Design and Analysis Laboratory was formed in 1965 as an interdisciplinary faculty group made up mainly of members of the College of Technology. The primary objectives are to give both faculty and qualified students experience in inventive engineering development where accomplishment…
  • University Archives
    This series contains the agendas with attachments for the President's Staff. The Staff was started in 1990 by President Dale Nitzschke and consists of all the Vice Presidents of the University.
  • University Archives
    In 1928 a Marine Zoological Laboratory was established under the leadership of UNH Professor C. Floyd Jackson on Appledore Island, one of the Isles of Shoals off Portsmouth. Students flocked to the island each summer to engage in field research until…
  • University Archives
    The Accreditation Steering Committee oversaw re-accreditation processes at the University of New Hampshire from 1983-1994. This series consists of records maintained by the Steering Committee for UNH Regional Accreditation by the New England…
  • University Archives
    Jackson Estuarine Laboratory, the University of New Hampshire's marine research and education laboratory, was dedicated on May 30, 1970. The laboratory is named in honor of Professor Emeritus C. Floyd Jackson, who established a summer program for marine biology and zoology students on the Isles of…
  • University Archives
    The Publications Office produces pamphlets, brochures, maps, posters, and invitations for the University. This series contains a collection of their products.
  • University Archives
    This series contains videotapes produced for the Chemistry Dept. of the symposium A Century of Chemistry in Durham: A Symposium, held on October 22, 1993.
  • University Archives
    The Engineering Experiment Station was formed by the Board of Trustees in 1929, as a non-teaching division of the College of Technology. It wasn't until 1932 that the station began operation. It was established to provide professional engineering and…
  • University Archives
    This series contains a videotape produced for the Mechanical Engineering Department.
  • University Archives
    The New Hampshire College of Agriculture and the Mechanic Arts was formed in 1866 in Hanover, NH. The college moved to Durham, NH in 1893. This series contains inventories taken of the stock and apparatus of the Mechanic Arts Department. The…
  • University Archives
    Charles James was born in Earl's Barton, Northhamptonshire, England in 1880. He was educated at University College in London from 1899-1904. He came to the United States in 1906 and was asked to join the faculty at the New Hampshire College of…