COVID-19 Phased Return
We Are Here to Help
For help connecting to our online resources, visit our Technical Support page.
Our physical collections are back to normal use and our interlibrary loan service is fully operational as well, though subject to the availability of other library collections. Both UNH Library materials and Interlibrary Loan materials are renewable.
As of June 28, visitors who are fully vaccinated or have a negative PCR test within seven days are welcome in all public campus spaces, including library spaces. Unvaccinated individuals are asked to wear masks inside, as recommended by the CDC.
Students and faculty who are remote (not part of the UNH COVID testing program) can still request items using Interlibrary Loan. We will deliver materials to you remotely either online or via mail. Physical items will be mailed to your address along with a prepaid return label.
To request items remotely, log in to our InterLibrary Loan system and fill out the New Request form. You must click on “Change User Information” under “Tools” and set your Preferred LOAN Delivery Method to “Mail to Address” and update your shipping address if needed. Save changes. We will ship your items to this address.
- If you are remote and need a return shipping label, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you previously updated your ILLiad account to show you were remote, but you are now on campus and participating in COVID testing, please change your preferred delivery method in your ILLiad account back to “hold for pickup”
- Items you return will get an updated status of "returned" after a short period of quarantine
Research & Reference Support
- Ask a Librarian - ask your research or reference questions through chat or email
- Make an Appointment - contact a librarian for one-on-one support
- Research Guides - guides for courses, subjects, and how-to topics
- Special Collections & Archives - contact us to request copies of research materials in our special collections and archives or to set up an appointment
- Subject Librarians - provide expertise around online teaching resources and answer questions about copyright/fair use and availability of electronic resources
- Course Reserves - instructors can request reserve materials for courses
- Recommend a Purchase - we may be able to purchase copies of supporting course materials
- Open Educational Resources Guide - a collection of teaching and learning resources that are free to use and repurpose
Accessing Library Resources Remotely
- Search our collections - filter your search results to show items that are "available online"
- Databases - most of our databases can be accessed from off-campus
- Document Delivery - request a scan of an article or book chapter from our physical collections
- Resources for Distance Students - see what's available to you from off-campus
- HathiTrust Emergency Access - access digitized versions the library’s in-copyright print books that have been deposited in the HathiTrust Digital Library (UNH login required)
- Digital Collections - scanned documents and images from the library's research collections, government documents, and archives
- UNH Scholars Repository - scholarly and creative works by UNH students, faculty, and staff
- Library Tutorials Guide - get tips on how to use a range of library resources more effectively
Because the University of New Hampshire is restricting campus access as described above, the UNH Library is not currently open to external users, including those needing government information. Researchers who need access to government information should Ask a Librarian for assistance.
UNH Updates & Resources
- UNH COVID-19 Updates and Resources - resources and information for students, faculty, and staff
- Request ATSC Help - Academic Technology Services Center (ATSC) can provide remote device support and other technical help
Please note that all of the information on this page is subject to change as the situation evolves. We appreciate your patience and understanding.